A red lip is timeless; it adds instant old hollywood glamour to any look. For the most dramatic look wear with a simple eye, a cat flick of eyeliner. I usually go for a statement lip (red, or bright pink) if I am wearing plain colours, a black dress or jeans and a plain t-shirt or shirt. If you have a vibrant outfit go for a nude or pale lip.
Doing a bright lips isn’t the easiest thing to do, however there are easy steps to get it done right.
The first thing you need to do is find the right red lipstick for you I am currently using this Avon Extra Lasting one in colour 111 Eternal Flame. I think they are about £7.00, I only got it because my Nan ordered it but didn’t like the colour so BONUS for me.
If you have fair skin Coral-y reds look most beautiful on you; they add a shot of color but aren’t overpowering.
If you have medium skin anything from true red to pinky-cranberry shades will work well with your golden undertones.
If you have Dark Skin stick with deep, rich colors like burgundy or warm brick— super bright ones can seem too harsh.
To apply your lips follow these steps
1. Exfoliate your lips … you can do this with a toothbrush or baking soda, or exfoliating scrub although it may taste bad.
2. Moisturise your lips using a lip balm … I tend to use vaseline. This will prevent the colour staining your lips to bad.
3. If you prefer to use lip liner then find one that is the closest match to your stick, I don’t usually use it so it’s up to you.
4. Fill in your lips with the lipstick.
5. Make a duck face and blot using a piece of tissue. The gets rid of any excess and it wont get on your teeth
6. Add gloss if you want a shiny finish.