The start of this month was beautiful!!! This is my favourite weather that warm sunny weather with just a little crisp breeze in the air. However now as I write this I have a horrid summer cold and the weather is cold!! I am wrapped in a blanket with my winter slippers on.
This month has had some lovely moments and I was hoping to embrace the sunshine but alas. This month I passed my Maths Professional Skills Test and after studying as hard as I did for the test I am so happy that all my hard work paid off and I now have nothing stopping me going to Uni in September. My BFF Amy and her Mum, Sarah took part in the Race for Life at the beginning of the month and I went to support them when the did. Amy’s Granddad was diagnosed with cancer so it was a little more personal this year and I was so proud of them and the money they raised.
I also got my hair cut this month, it now sits just under my collar bone, I really like my hair this length, not only does it make me look older it’s not as heavy as when my hair is too long it can hurt my head when I wear it up – which I do frequently for work. On the 21st of this month I turned 24. I can’t believe I am almost in my mid 20’s!!!!
The White Chapel Fiend, Nothing but Shadows, The Evil We Love, Pale Kings and Princes, Bitter of Tongue, The Fiery Trial, Born to Endless Night, Angel Twice Ascending by Cassandra Clare, Maureen Johnson, Robing Wasserman and Sarah Rees Brennan, A Vintage Wedding by Katie Fforde, Accidental Karma by Katie Crewman and Game On by Olley White.
1. Day 1 of the #maybooksberead16 challenge: May TBR 2. Day 2: Pastel Books
3. Day 3: Books and Flowers 4. Day 4: Book set in Highschool 5. Day 5: Summer Books
6. Glass of Champagne to celebrate passing my maths test 7. Day 6: Happy Books
8. I look like a worm!! Supporting Amy and Sarah at Race for Life 9. Day 7: Books and Socks
10. Day 8: Favourite Mother Figure 11. Day 9: Pink Books 12. Day 10: Book Tower
13. Day 11: Favourite Summer Read 14. Day 12: Wanderlust Book 15. Day 13: Purple Books
16. Day 14: Top if my TBR pile 17. Day 15: Road Trip Books
18. Blueberry, White Chocolate and Banana Muffin from The Muffin Makery 19. I had a hair cut!!!
20. Happy Birthday to me! 21. Dinner at The Alex 22. My May Illumicrate Box
23. Currently Reading A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab
24. Pulp Kitchen Brownies 25. I got a smoothie maker
I picked up a few things this month, mostly clothes and make up. If you want a more in depth look of the things I picked up this month then click here.
I have had my eye on this series for a while and the first two seasons have become available on Netflix UK and I was super excited. As the weather was horrible and I didn’t have to go to work this bank holiday I binge watched most of season 1. I haven’t finished it yet but I have been enjoying it, I am debating whether or not to pick up the comic book – which the tv show was based.
The Hills by Madilyn Bailey (cover of The Weekend)